Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Dressing For A Movie Date Night



So Lane & I went to see The Place Beyond The Pines this weekend and let me just tell you something - GO SEE IT IMMEDIATELY!!!! Like, right now. Stop what you are doing and go. Ok fine, you can go this weekend I guess. But seriously... Lane really wanted to see it and I watched the preview and wasn't that into it slash only agreed to go for RYGOS (never thought I'd be so attracted to a guy with a tear drop tat on his face until now). BUT.... it ended up being SO SO SO good. I won't give anything away but I will say that the previews do NOT do it justice only because it is a very uniquely-made film and it would give away too much if they added anymore into the previews. Eva, Ryan & Brad (We're on a first name basis) all gave absolutely stellar performances and I think we sat in our seats 10 minutes after it ended hoping it would start over again. It didn't. Damn.

Anyways, I always try to look extra cute & sassy when Lane takes me on dates (as opposed to the usual he sees me in.. aka work clothes or sweatpants) but it's always a little shifty when we go to the movies because finding some variation of cute (for Lane), comfy (duh) and warmish (for the freezing cold movie theater) to wear can be quite the challenge considering I have so. much. freaking. impractical. clothing. And just clothing in general. Plus - let's be honest... I NEVER want to be THAT girl that comes clonking into the theater in a pair of 6inchers looking absolutely ridiculous. So, I figured a pair of colored jeans, an oversized sweater, ankle boots & some fun accessories would do the trick! Here's what I wore:

Ankle boots - Sam Edelman Lisle in Saddle, $64
Sweater - Nasty Gal Static Knit in Taupe, $48
Jeans - Paige Verdugo Ultra Skinny in Vintage Red, $179
Bag - Marc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Percy Crossbody Bag in Cinnamon Stick, $198
Necklace - Stella & Dot Campari Necklace, $128
Earrings - Marc By Marc Jacobs Turnlock Stud Earrings in Gold, $42
Cuff - Forever 21 Layered Cuff in Gold, $7
Nail Polish - Essie in Bobbing For Baubles, $8


No comments:

Post a Comment