Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Shoes For The Working Gal



I'm addicted to shoes. Really, I am. Ask Lane. The shoe section is the first stop I make in every department store and you can probably expect me to try on at least 4-5 pairs I can't afford, walk away for an hour and then come back to splurge on the pair I couldn't stop thinking about. Yes, I'm THAT girl. But trust me when I say I wear every. single. pair. of the nearly 100 pairs I currently have in my closet.

The transition from college to career in terms of shoe practicality was a rough one. I went from living in cute sandals and sexy pumps to a heavy reliance on comfortable flats. I honestly had never really worn flats before working life hit because I had always generalized them as boring on the shoe statement scale. BUT! I soon came to the realization that aside from flats being 394834x more comfortable/practical for a 10 hour work day; there really are so many absolutely ADORABLE pairs that now live in my closet that I totally would have passed over a year ago. I personally like sticking to more neutral colors with a little detailing (i.e. bow, studs etc.) when it comes to flats so I can mix them with a variety of outfits and statement bags or accessories without overwhelming the look.

1. Salvatore Ferragamo Varina Metallic Leather Bow Ballet Flats, $425
2. Valentino Rockstud Patent Leather Ballet Flats, $595
3. Diane von Furstenberg Ara Studded Pointed-Toe Skimmer Flat, $250
4. Tory Burch Caroline Elastic Trim Ballerina Flat, $225
5. Kate Spade Knightley Flat, $298
6. Sam Edelman Milly Flat, $99

No comments:

Post a Comment