Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Gettin' Lippy With It




My dad used to make me wash my face off every single morning from a ridiculously young age (I wasn't allowed to wear makeup until I was 14!) because I would waltz out the door with as much makeup as I thought I could get away with. NOPE! He always caught me. ALWAYS. That is until I discovered that he didn't pick up on lipstick as long as I kept it pretty natural. Who knew that a pink lip was less noticeable than bright blue eye shadow?! (;

I LOVE LIPSTICK YOU GUYS! For real. I do. I've truthfully never been a huge fan of gloss.. mostly just because it comes off the second you take a sip of your drink or kiss your man (and is super sticky!). I think the look of a matte, deeply pigmented lip against uber white teeth is the ultimate form of sexy! Simply adding a pop of color to your lips with minimal makeup on the rest of your face can truly make you look like a whole different woman. Experimenting with lipstick colors = CRAYON FUN!

Here are some of my favorite go-to lipsticks when I need a pop of color. I typically gravitate toward bold, bright shades of pink... but I've added a few others that I think are worth checking out.

What are your go-to lipsticks?

MAC - "Snob" ($15)
MAC - "Creme Cup" ($15)
NARS - "Carthage" ($26)
MAC - "Fabby" ($15)
Chanel - "Chalys"  ($34)
Dolce & Gabbana - "Iconic" ($32)
Tom Ford - "Blush Nude" ($48)
MAC - "Pink Nouveau" ($15)

1 comment: